Thursday, March 18, 2010

we had a beautiful sunny day today and the fresh air inspired me to do some spring cleaning. this wasn't just the casual counter wipe-down. i was on my hands and knees with a toothbrush trying to get the last bit of grime out of the grout on the bathroom floor tiles.

by the time i was done, my back was a wreck, the skin on my hands was dry and reptilian, and worst of all, the entire house smelled of chemicals. so much for my fresh spring air. of course, the culprit behind the scaly skin and stinky house were the harsh chemicals in the cleaning products i've been using. i know none of this is good for me, my family or the environment. but since i already had these products, i feel obliged to finish off what's left in the bottles.

i have been meaning to try cleaning without these harsh chemicals. of course, there are lot of tips on the internet. i found
a compilation tips on cleaning without chemicals from trusty Martha, cleaning-with-vinegar tips and some homemade cleanser recipes. green, clean and cheap.


as for my backache? nothing a good massage can't fix, something i deserve after all that cleaning anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment